학사 / 고려대학교 공과대학 화공생명공학과 (2009)
석사 / 고려대학교 공과대학 화공생명공학과 (2011)
박사 / Georgia Tech Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (2016)
전공분야 / 유·무기 나노 세공 복합소재 개발, 에너지 환경 분리 기술
홈페이지/ 다공성 유·무기 나노 소재 연구실(Porous Organic Inorganic Nanomaterials Technology Lab (POINT Lab))
“Molecular-scale Design and Advanced Characterization of Nanomaterials for Energy-Efficient Separations and Green Technology Applications”
1. Materials Design
- Nanomaterials (MOFs, Zeolite, ordered silica, and other ceramics) Synthesis.
- Post-synthetic Tuning and Modification of Materials Properties.
- High Aspect Ratio Materials, Composite Materials, and their Interface Design.
2. Advanced Characterizations
- Understanding Transport Fundamentals by Diffusion/Sorption Analysis.
- Structure Analysis, Surface Pattern Information, and Single Crystal Engineering.
- Evaluation of Microstructures and Functionality.
3. Delivery of Materials for Target Applications
- Diffusion/Adsorption-based Energy Efficient Separation.
- Sol-Gel Chemistry, Functional Coating, and Hollow Fibers
- Vapor Phase, Interfacial Processing for Industrial Scalability.
2020 ~ 현재: 숭실대학교 화학공학과 조교수
2020 ~ 2020: Johns Hopkins University 박사후 연구원
2017 ~ 2019: University of Minnesota 박사후 연구원
2016 ~ 2017: Georgia Institute of Technology 박사후 연구원
1) “High efficiency, high performance metalorganic framework (MOF) membranes in hollow fibers and tubular modules”, S. Nair, K. Eum, C. W. Jones, A. Rownaghi, US Patent. US9994501B2, (2018).
2) “Apparatus, method, and systems for fabricating thin nanoporous membranes”, S. Nair, J. H. Drese, K. Eum, R. P. Lively, A. Rownaghi, Y. Tamhankar, S. Yang, US Patent App, US20180326398A1, (2018).
3) “ZIF-8-90 metal-organic framework (MOF) membranes for n-butane/i-butane separations”, S. Nair, K. Eum, F. Rashidi, C. W.Jones, J. H. Drese US Patent App. US20160130199A1, (2015).
1) “ZIF-8 Membrane Separation Performance Tuning by Vapor Phase Ligand Treatment”,K. Eum, M. Hayashi, M. D. De Mello, F. Xue, H. T. Kwon, M. Tsapatsis, Angew. Chemie - Int. Ed. 58, 16390–16394 (2019).
2) “Continuous ZIF-8/reduced graphene oxide nanocoating for ultrafast oil/water separation”,D. W. Kim, K. Eum, H. Kim, D. Kim, M. D. de Mello, K. Park, M. Tsapatsis, Chem. Eng. J. 372, 509–515 (2019).
3) “Zeolitic Imidazolate Framework Membranes Supported on Macroporous Carbon Hollow Fibers by Fluidic Processing Techniques”,K. Eum, C. Ma, D. Y. Koh, F. Rashidi, Z. Li, C. W. Jones, R. P. Lively, S. Nair, Adv. Mater. Interfaces 4, 1700080(1–6) (2017).
4) “Fluidic Processing of High-Performance ZIF-8 Membranes on Polymeric Hollow Fibers: Mechanistic Insights and Microstructure Control”,K. Eum, A. Rownaghi, D. Choi, R. R. Bhave, C. W. Jones, S. Nair, Adv. Funct. Mater. 26, 5011–5018 (2016).
5) “ZIF-8 Membranes via Interfacial Microfluidic Processing in Polymeric Hollow Fibers: Efficient Propylene Separation at Elevated Pressures”,K. Eum, C. Ma, A. Rownaghi, C. W. Jones, S. Nair, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 8, 25337–25342 (2016).
6) “Highly tunable molecular sieving and adsorption properties of mixed-linker zeolitic imidazolate frameworks”,K. Eum, K. C. Jayachandrababu, F. Rashidi, K. Zhang, J. Leisen, S. Graham, R. P. Lively, R. R. Chance, D. S. Sholl, C. W. Jones, S. Nair, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 137, 4191–4197 (2015).
7) “Interfacial microfluidic processing of metal-organic framework hollow fiber membranes”,A. J. Brown, N. A. Brunelli, K. Eum, F. Rashidi, J. R. Johnson, W. J. Koros, C. W. Jones, S. Nair, Science. 345, 72–75 (2014).
8) “Liquid-liquid equilibria for the ternary systems of perfluorohexane + methyl nonafluorobutyl ether + toluene, + 1,4-dioxane, or + dimethylformamide at 298.15 K”, K. Eum, H. Gu, T. G. Lee, J. Choe, K. Lee, K. H. Song, J. Chem. Eng. Data 58, 915–919 (2013).
9) “Immobilized cell microchannel bioreactor for evaluating fermentation characteristics of mixed substrate consumption and product formation”, T. Y. Seo, K. Eum, S. O. Han, S. W. Kim, J. H. Kim, K. H. Song, Process Biochem. 47, 1011–1015 (2012).